Wednesday 28 July 2010

Make Up


1. L’Oreal Paris Studio Secrets Primer £12.99, 2. Ysl Touché Éclat. £24, 3. MAC Studio Fix Foundation £19, 4. Botanics Tinted Moisturiser £4.99, 5. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion £11.50, 6. MAC Penultimate Brow Marker £13, 7. No7 Sheer Temptation Lipstick £9, 8. MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder £17

These are the products that I use pretty much everyday. I'm a bit of a skin freak and will stop at nothing to get the most flawless finish I possibly can...hence most the products shown are for the skin. I've never cared about eye make-up and I havn't worn eyeshadow in such a long time and I've never given a crap about my hair, but having tanned, glowing, even, blemish free, shine free, non cakey, non sticky skin is what I try to achieve in the 15 minutes time frame I give myself to do my make up of a morning. If anybody knows of a foundation that can do all this on its own then please let me know! I do love eyeliner though and have been sporting the winged flick wayyyy before amy winehouse came on the scene...and RUINED it..ive literally done it since I was about 12 years old and wouldn't know what else to do. I use urban decay eyeshadow primer not for eyeshadow but for my eyeliner and under my eyes to keep my concealer in place. I'm still yet to find a great mascara (don't all mascaras just seem like the next one!)

Here's some products I'd really like to try but the price tags are a little off-putting :(

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer £30, Make Up For Ever HD Foundation £30, MAC Fix + £11, MAC 187 Fibre Brush £29.50, Clinique Cream Liner £13

...if any of my lovely readers have used any of these products then let me know how you found them. I can never be sure if those gurus on youtube are telling the truth when they say they found the product amazing or they're just saying that because they're being paid to or got the item for free and feel obliged..hmmm.

5 comments:

  1. I use Mac's Studio Fix foundation and you're right, it doesn't last all day! The lady at the Mac counter convinced me to buy Primer so it would last longer but it doesn't do a whole helluva lot! I hear everywhere that Smashbox Primer is THE BEST (it's won a lot of beauty awards as "Best Primer" apparently) and I plan on spending the money on it next time. And I totally agree on the mascara - I still haven't found that perfect one! The most recent one I bought was Covergirl Lashblash. I haven't opened it yet but once I try it I'll let you know how it is!

    Also thanks for your sweet comment on my blog today : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great products! I use Mac's Studio Fix and I find it is the best foundation for me! I also love Urban Decay's primer potion! It keeps my eye make-up in place and I think its the best I've tried!!
    Smashbox Primer is worth the hype! My bff is a make-up artist and uses it and it gives your skin a great base. Yet to pick up my own though! lol

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard only bad things about the Smashbox Photo Finish Light, but I've never personally try it. And of course I heard the bad things through Youtube too aha

    ReplyDelete
  4. The smashbox primer is definitely worth the price tag in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete