Wednesday 18 May 2011

Wednesdays Wanted - Colour Blocking

skirt; Topshop.  shoes; Zara.  t-shirt; Topshop.  watch; Adidas.  bracelets; Forever21.  clutch; American Apparrel.  belt; Zara

skirt; Topshop.  glasses; River Island.  shoes; Topshop.  t-shirt; Topshop.  bracelets; H&M.  ring; Forever21.  clutch; Asos.

I am determined that the next outfit post you will see from me will be of the colour blocking variety. I despised it last year and thought is was a really lazy trend but now I kinda like the fact that you don't really have to think about it. I don't have an eye for mixing prints and patterns and things like that so I tend to stay well away. I do, however enjoy mixing bright, block colours and coming up with different combinations from a few key pieces.

7 comments:

  1. I really need to try this trend! I don't have enough pieces in my closet that are bright but without a print. I love the orange shoes and both skirt. Can't wait to see you try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the turqoise / orange combo! That would be something I would wear, otherwise I can't get my head around that trend, especially the excessive use of ornage and pink! :D
    xxx

    Giveaway on London Last Night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your color blocking outfit! I love those Zara shoes oh my God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely choices, really into the turquoisey/blue selection. i dont have nearly enough colourful staple pieces to make up a look like this, but the colour blocking is starting to grow on me x

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are all so lovely. i'm loving the tea length skirts soooo much

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful!
    Exceptionally inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the last one. the shoes and bracelet are so pretty. and the color blocking trend.. although I really like it, i will probably never wear it haha.

    -- www.styleinterplay.com --

    ReplyDelete